POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heightfield problem : Re: Heightfield problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heightfield problem
From: Shay
Date: 19 Feb 2002 14:31:12
Message: <3c72a800@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to output the HF vertices? If so, you could make the
triangles and figure the normals yourself. The fact that a HF parses so
quickly suggests to me that some type of cheat is used to figure the
normals. If you put the HF where you wanted it and then calculated the
"real" normals, you would surely get a better result.

If not, I think it would be pretty easy to build your own heightfield with
eval_pigment. Haven't tried that, though.

Hope this helps.
 -Shay

Lars <sel### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message